ASHA CEU INFORMATION
COURSE TITLE: 2022 Pan American Vocology Association (PAVA) Symposium.
DATES: 19–21 August 2022.
TIME: Central Daylight Time (CDT) 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
CONTACT: Louise Pinkerton, [email protected]
The 2022 PAVA symposium is held in a hybrid format. What does hybrid mean? In our case, it means that whether you fly to Minnesota or “Zoom-fly” to PAVA Village, we will see each other in person . . . Whether you attend in 3D or 2D, as we like to call it, there will be plenty of interaction, information and fun! We look forward to mingling with you in the virtual streets and 3D hallways! Internet Access and Zoom required for 2D (virtual) attendees.
- Short Videos from each panelist will be posted on virtuallypava.org from August 9, 2022 to August 29, 2022.
- We recommend viewing these videos prior to the conference. However, videos can be watched up to one week after the symposium for ASHA CEU credit.
- Videos are between 12 and 14 minutes and will be added to your total minutes for ASHA CEU calculation within one week of the end of the Symposium.
- 3D Physical Locations:
Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown (1500 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454)
University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (2106 S. 4th St, Minneapolis, MN 55455)
- 2D Virtual Location:
www.virtuallypava.org (PAVA Village)
PREREQUISITES AND MATERIALS
- No required prerequisites.
- Recommend viewing pre-conference videos before panel discussions.
- Workshops may have recommended materials. See the Schedule.
To successfully complete the course and receive ASHA CEU credits, the following needs to be completed:
- Register and pay for the ASHA CEU processing fee.
- Attend the full session as listed on the schedule.
- Submit magic numbers for each session within one week of the end of the Symposium. Please use the email you registered with.
- Confirm an ethics statement that you attended the full session for all the sessions submitted.
- Submit a course evaluation within one week of the end of the conference. Please use the email you registered with.
- Partial credit is available. Hours are rounded down by the half hour.
If you wish to earn ASHA CEUs, you must complete these tasks by August 29th. Remember, ASHA CEUs cannot be awarded retroactively, so it is very important that you follow the instructions for earning ASHA CEUs. If you have any questions, contact Louise Pinkerton at [email protected]. Only those participants who follow the instructions for earning ASHA CEUs will have their course information submitted to the ASHA CE Registry.
FORMS AND QUICK LINKS
- Schedule with Abstracts
- “Magic Numbers” Submission Form
- Program Evaluation Form
- Presenter Biographies
- Author Disclosures
- Organizer Disclosures
- Fillable Code Tracker
- Fillable Completion Certificate
- How to Register:
- Register for the symposium here.
- Return here before paying.
- Add the PAVA ASHA CEU processing fee to your cart at any time here for $45.
- Check out and pay for your purchases.
- After the check out process you will recieve an automated confirmation of your purchase.
- Enter your identifiers, ASHA number, and special needs here.
- Completing this form will send you an automatic confirmation of the information submitted.
- Register for the symposium here.
This program is offered for 1.7 ASHA CEUs; various levels; professional area.
ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
Vocology is a field that encompasses voice habilitation and rehabilitation, medical and performance knowledge, and new research across these areas. Contemporary symposia and focused courses disseminate this information across multiple voice disciplines and build connections across professions. The Pan American Vocology Symposium and regular course offerings fulfill this need.
As a result of this activity, participants will be able to…
- Summarize basic vocal anatomy and physiology.
- Summarize basic physics and acoustics of voice and how they are measured.
- Describe the relationship between typical and atypical voice production and some ways in which it is measured and evaluated.
- Summarize strategies and techniques for voice habilitation and rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate various voice therapy and voice teaching techniques for a variety of voice use areas.
- Describe recent clinical, scientific and technological advances related to the study of voice.
- Describe interdisciplinary clinical and research information about voice production, evaluation and treatment.
- Describe current issues in the professional voice community, also including ethics for singing teachers and voice rehabilitation.
Speech-Language Pathologists, Voice Scientists, Voice and Speech Coaches and Trainers, Singing Teachers, Physicians, and other voice specialists from around the world.
POLICY QUICK LINKS
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- PAVA Complaint Policy
- PAVA Intellectual Property Policy
- PAVA Code of Ethics